THE TYPES OF SEXUAL ASSAULT
There are several forms of aggression that you may face. Here is a portrait of some of them.
Having a sexual encounter with someone who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and is unable to agree or give consent in a conscience way.
- At a party at my friends place, I took 2-3 beers and I don’t remember the rest of the night. When I woke up the next morning, I had bruises on my arms, scratches on my back and my vulva was hurting.
- I went to a bar, I didn’t drink a drop of alcohol. The next morning, I woke up naked in the bed of a guy and I have no memories of my night.
Looking to surprise one or many people in their intimacies unwittingly.
- The owner of my apartment installed hidden cameras in my bathroom.
- I learned that my brother’s friend took pictures of me naked while I was getting changed in my room.
Is to used a person for pornography purpose or prostitution to earn a profit, without the consent of that person.
- My boyfriend sells picture of me in lingerie to his friends and acquaintances.
- My drug dealer gave me free drugs a couple of times and now he tells me that I owe him a favor. He tells me I don’t have a choice to have a sexual relationship with him.
To get naked, to show genitals or to masturbate in front of someone without his consent in order to scare the person or make them uncomfortable.
- A drive asks me directions, when I got close to the car, I noticed that the driver was masturbating.
- My sister often walks around naked in the house even when I have friends over. I told her I felt uncomfortable but she continues.
Any gesture, behaviour or words of sexual nature that are done in a repetitive matter or intentionally while the person who is being targeted does not want that kind of attention, is scared or uncomfortable.
- My co-worker will often make me proposal has jokes, I’m uncomfortable and I’ve told him to stop but he continues…
- While I work, my boss often passes behind me and rubs his genitals on me…
Most of the time they are anonymous, those sexual messages or calls are made to intimidate and scare the person receiving them.
- I receive sexual messages on my Facebook, by an unknown user. When I block him it starts again with another unknown user.
- Last night, my phone rang and it woke me up. I heard someone breathing heavily and moaning like if they were masturbating.
All sexual assault that involved a minor and a person who has a responsibility, authority or is a parental figure. The assailant may be a member of the family, a friend of the family, a neighbor or a coach. An incest is a sexual assault that is committed between 2 people who have a tie of blood.
- When I was young, my half-sister forced me to do sexual act that I didn’t want to do.
- My bus driver forced me to touch his genitals.